CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 22, 2011

WHAT DO YOU SOUND LIKE

ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS! Is what I hear ringing in my head after a teaching on sound? Then it clicked words mean nothing if there is no action to back it up . I've always said the saying "actions speak louder than words", but never really thought about what I was saying. Its crazy how we just say stuff because it sounds good but we never sit back and really think about what we are saying . The more I sit and think the next question I have to ask is what are my actions saying to GOD. It's one think to say it but what am I doing to make my words actions. What are my actions saying to God? Are they sounds of pleasure or grief? The scripture that comes to mind is Joel 2:13(message)It's one thing to say God I love you and want you to come into my heart, but don't want to give up the things that make us feel good when things get tough. I can imagine to God we sound like the teacher on Charlie Brown or a bunch of plates shattering. No longer does he want us to talk about it but show him what it is that we really want. It' time to let go of doubt, unbelief, lies, pride, lust, and sexual immorality. Every time  we continue to return to these things instead of giving them over to God we are talking out of both sides of your mouth and being lukewarm which neither are a good place. Prov 4:24(message)Don't talk out of both sides of your mouth; avoid careless banter, white lies, and gossip.& Rev 3:15-17(message)I know you inside and out, and find little to my liking. You're not cold, you're not hot—far better to be either cold or hot! You're stale. You're stagnant. You make me want to vomit. You brag, 'I'm rich, I've got it made, I need nothing from anyone,' oblivious that in fact you're a pitiful, blind beggar, threadbare and homeless.So now my question to you is
 WHAT DO YOU SOUND LIKE????????



 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

great word, keep speaking truth!